4. Shred white cabbage into small pieces
6. Chop all the herbs into small fine pieces.
Serves: Approximately 12 Servings
– 6 egg yolks
– 1 cup white sugar
– 1 1/4 cups mascarpone cheese
-1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
– 2 cups of espresso (cooled off)
– 2 packages lady fingers (approx 24 lady fingers total)
– 1/3 cup alcohol of your choice (grand marnier or rum)
– 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (dust)
– 1 (1 ounce) square semi sweet chocolate (shaved)
Total prep time: 30 minutes
2 Large Yams
1 tablespoon rosemary (crushed)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt/pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Wash yam thoroughly
3. Chop into round pieces about 3 inches
4. Mix the olive oil, rosemary and salt and pepper
5. Toss the yam in the oil mix.
6. Place individual pieces of yam on a roasting pan.
7. Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes on one side and turn over for 15 minutes on to the other side.
Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts:
Prep time- 5 minutes Cook time- 30 minutes
1 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed (option to cut in half lengthwise)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 black pepper
1/2 garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
2. Chop garlic
3. Mix all the olive oil, garlic and spices
4. Toss Brussels sprouts with all the ingredients
5. Place on a baking sheet and roast, stirring once or twice until the the Brussels sprouts turn a deep golden brown, crisp on the outside.
6. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Finally, after cooking all day I am ready to eat. Happy Thanksgiving to all my wonderful readers and followers. Please feel free to share your favorite recipes and let me know if I have left anything out.
The Hungry Nomad
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 1/2 lbs red onions (I use regular white onions)
6-7 chopped garlic (18 to 21 medium cloves)
1 Tablespoon salt
1/2 Tablespoon turmeric
1/2 Tablespoon cayenne pepper
2 Tablespoon paprika (optional)
3 1/2 lbs skinless chicken things, bones in
4 cups water
4 cups whipping cream
8 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced (I used oyster mushrooms unsliced)
1 Tablespoon dried green fenugreek leaves
1/4 teaspoon saffron (about 20 threads) in 1/4 cup hot water
|1) A chicken|
|4b.) … or peanut butter|
|1) peel and puree your tomatoes, add tomato paste and dice the onions|
|2) grind peanuts|
|3) in a big pot add (olive) oil and onions. When the onions are glazed, add tomatoes, paste, peanuts and chicken. Cook until chicken is tender. Add water if necessary.|
|4) Serve with spinach and rice. Yum!|
salt and pepper to taste
Every Iranian meal is best served with a side of Balkan style yogurt, herbs (fresh mint, basil, radish), torshee (Persian pickled vegetables), and Iranian salad (shirazi).
Wash and slice radish.
Wash the cilantro, cut off the stems and slightly chop.
Combine 1 cup of yogurt, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons ranch dressing or powdered ranch mix, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Leave for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to completely blend.
|Norooz Potluck with Friends|
And happy Norooz to all Persians worldwide.
4 c. Basmati rice
4 tbsp canola oil
1 large piece lavash bread or lettuce
1/2 c. scallion tops (greens only), washed & chopped fine
1 1/2 c. flat leaf parsley, washed & chopped fine
1 bunch (4-5 stalks) green garlic, washed but left whole
1 c. cilantro, washed & chopped fine
1 1/2 c. dill, washed & chopped fine